2017-2018 GOALS Three main goals:
1. To maintain and expand our already existing programs in Denver/Colorado, as well as expand the programs/campaigns into the other states in which we operate.
Those programs are, but not limited to:
• Sock Ambassador Program Sock Ambassadors are those individuals, organizations, retail establishments etc. who collect new socks from whoever they want, from whoever they want, for as long as they want. Currently we have Sock Ambassadors in 39 states.
Including Sock Ambassador Directors; Sock Drawer Sock Ambassadors, Sock Ambassadors Serving Those Who Serve, Little Foot Sock Ambassadors, Student Sock Ambassadors
• Sock Drives and involvement in: Churches/Synagogues/Mosques
2018 adding a Socks and Sandwich event in Denver with Christian, Jewish and Muslim youth and community, similar to our Cops, Socks and Sandwich event
• School Sock Drives, Sock Campaigns, Crazy Sock Days, Sock Drawers & adopting other schools
Expand our Sock Drawer program that is already very successful and currently in 15 schools in Denver Metro and going into 14 schools in Manhattan KS.
In addition to our school socks program the Sock It To Em Sock Campaign has partnered with the Denver Bronco Alumni with their Cleats for Kids program, the Sock It To Em Sock Campaign will be providing five pair of socks with each pair of cleats gifted to a student in March of 2018.
• Mayors support in proclaiming “Sock It To Em Work Day” which is the second Wednesday in December. Mayor Hancock of Denver proclaimed in 2014 that the second Wednesday in December be known and recognized as Sock It To Em Work Day. Mayors Caucus is also in support of this proclamation.
• Support Point in Time which is Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in providing them with socks when they hold their Point in Time count.
• Police and Sheriffs involvement with the Sock It To Em Sock Campaign such as, but not limited to: Collecting socks and becoming Sock Ambassadors and holding Cops, Socks & Sandwiches event the second Saturday in February.
• Hold Socks=Love Events
We have had three Socks = Love Events, two contemplative walks for the homeless and one picnic at Clement Park.
• Expand and hold more Socks and Sandwich Events in all states where we have Sock Ambassadors
• Expand our assistance to veterans and military
2. Establish Sock Ambassadors in all 50 states. Currently we are in 38 states
3. Obtain funding for sustainability and growth for our increasing expansion, needs, and operations and to lock in and establish paid key positions. Our growth has been exponential of which our joy and needs are proportional to that growth.
Mission: To provide new socks for those experiencing homelessness or are in need
Address: 3221 Country Club Parkway, Castle Rock, CO, United States